Monday, February 25, 2019

Woodworking, Coast Chimes

Fresh cut cedar drying after being oiled, at Coast Chimes
Cut and Oiled Cedar Drying at
Coast Chimes

Pictured above, freshly oiled cedar drying in my workshop. Cedar is my wood of preference, as it is local, and also highly resistant to the elements, even without my superior oil finish. It is also absolutely beautiful!

Many of the cut pieces pictured will be used to make my large kaleidoscope wind chimes, as pictured below. A few will also turn into freestanding kaleidoscope suncatchers. I already cut and washed the float glass to dimension, so once the oil has dried for a few days, I will be ready to assemble. Then I just have to wait for the last of the snow to melt in my backyard, where I take my pictures, photograph them, and post them to Etsy and to my Coast Chimes Website.

Large kaleidoscope wind chime by Coast Chimes
Large Kaleidoscope Wind Chime

No comments:

Post a Comment