Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Winter Finally Arrives on the Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada

Snow beach, Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada
Cold Beach Combing!

What a change! It felt like spring through most of our 2018-1019 winter here on the Sunshine Coast, walking with a light coat while reading about extreme cold back east. Now while what just arrived could never be described as extreme cold, it is definitely winter!

The picture above was taken while the snow was still lightly falling. Now there are blue skies, and below freezing temperature: very beautiful. The cold will be hanging around apparently, and perhaps a bit more snow to fall. It's very enjoyable, but I am hoping that a thaw comes before too long, as I can not take pictures of my creations with snow on the ground, and new works are pilling up.

Aside from long treks in the snow, it's wonderful to be snug in my workshop making all sorts of wonderful new works. Pictures soon (I hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment