Thursday, February 28, 2019

West Vancouver Sea Wall Walk

Capilano River, Lions Gate Bridge, West Vancouver
Capilano River, Lions Gate Bridge, West Vancouver
A Different Walk

It is not often that I go to Vancouver: there has to be a compelling reason. I love the slower, less urban environment of the Sunshine Coast, and forget sometimes that Vancouver is only a 40 minute ferry trip away. Yesterday I had to go for car maintenance and for a specialized dental appointment. 

Between dropping off the car and the dental appointment, I found myself with several hours to kill. This lead to a very happy discovery of the West Vancouver sea walk


The Walk, West Vancouver, From Park Royal to about 25th Street

Most people going to Vancouver for the day from the Sunshine Coast take advantage of all the shops and restaurants. I so enjoyed just walking for 2 1/2 hours, relaxing before the dentist. And I was so surprised by how lovely this area is! The river, the views of the bridges, the much clearer ocean than I would have expected, the piers to explore, the houses and apartments along certain sections: so interesting! There were also a number of seals, a popular crab fishing place, many birds. I recommend this walk.


Train Bridge
Lions Gate Bridge
The Seagulls Seem Much Tamer in the City
A Most Interesting Walk





No comments:

Post a Comment