Saturday, July 13, 2019

Coast Chimes, Running Out of Stock

Kaleidoscope glass, copper, brass, cedar outdoor wind chime, Coast Chimes
Kaleidoscope Wind Chime
at Coast Chimes

I am not naturally organized and businesslike: not in the least. I'm a messy artist who enjoys a certain degree of chaos. But to run a successful business... well, you have to be businesslike.

So although it does go against my grain, I do strive to have things run smoothly, to answer emails quickly, to ship fast and professionally, to keep track of supplies and stock. I do make my share of mistakes. The latest mistake was not keeping an eye on my stock, and running completely out of the very popular smaller kaleidoscope wind chimes, as pictured above.

No problem. I had supplies (yeah!): cedar, artist-made sea glass, plate glass, copper, brass, nylon coated stainless steel, sterling silver crimps, reactive, finishing oil... see, there is a lot that goes into one of these! Missing any one of those supplies would have meant delay. As it stood, all I needed was time, and I usually have a bit of that.

So I got right to work, and now a week later, after making them, and waiting for the sun to shine to take pictures, updating the websites, they are live and ready to be purchased and shipped.

Best of all, as  usual I considered the design when making a new batch, and decided the top the kaleidoscope section, could stand being a little larger, so I make them 8 X 8 inches diagonally instead of the previous 6 3/4 X 6 3/4 inches. It's the eye-catcher part, so why not make it stand out even more? Good choice.

I just put 10 of these, each unique, on my website, Coast Chimes, and on Etsy. Have a look. As always, free shipping to the USA and Canada, reasonable postage to other countries.


No comments:

Post a Comment