Saturday, June 01, 2019

Beach Stone Art

Local Beach, Sunshine Coast, BC
A Wonderful Secluded Feeling Beach,
Gibsons, BC, Canada
Perfect for Collecting a Few Beach Stones
It is such a joy to ride my new e-Bike, I have taken to exploring and discovering places not that far from home that amaze me. I had no idea! After living on the Sunshine Coast for nearly 30 years, how could all these jewels never been visited? I guess I never looked.

Best of all, especially one new beach is rich in just the type of beach stone I need for my work. Often I have spent hours just to find a few stones suitable to use as clappers, or strikers, for my large copper wind chimes. Well, this beach has a lot of them. What a treat!

The beach is down an extremely steep hill that normally would be challenging just to walk up, and I don't know if anyone could ride a bike up it. But it happily does not faze my new Specialized Turbo Vado, even loaded down with 30 pounds of stones. My Arkel Orca 45 panniers are certainly more than up to the task, as well: exceptional quality.

So happy exploring, happy beach combing days are here!

Beach stone and cobalt blue glass wind chime by Coast Chimes
Natural Beach Stone and Cobalt Blue Glass
Wind Chime
by Coast Chimes

No comments:

Post a Comment