Friday, May 09, 2014

Freestanding Wind Chime

Large freestanding double wind chime made from glass, copper, beach stone
Freestanding Double Wind Chime
Glass, Copper, Beach Stone

I always love it when customers from the past resurface. I had been putting off making any of my very large, heavy, freestanding double wind chimes since moving to our new house. They take a lot of energy and concentration to make, and they are truly a nightmare to pack and ship. However, I did have the idea in the back of my mind. My wife also wanted some for our small yard. But I would still be putting it off if a customer who got one years ago did not email out of the blue asking if I could make one for her. That got me going.

I'm very pleased with the result: probably the finest one that I have ever made. After I get it packed and shipped, and recover from the effort, I guess I will just have to go and make a few more!

No comments:

Post a Comment