Friday, October 04, 2019

Natural Materials in Art

Beach stones, blue glass, oyster shell, copper, brass wind chime by Coast Chimes
Natural Beach Stones and Oyster Shell
with Cobalt Blue Glass, Copper, Brass
Wind Chime by Coast Chimes
$87 Free Shipping

Using natural materials from local beaches is something I really like to do.

Working long hours in a rather dark workshop basement, getting out for an hour or two each day is beneficial to my mental and physical health. A walk from my home has it all. My workday hike takes me through urban, beach, and forest environments, and I never fail to come back refreshed (also with a stone or piece of driftwood!).

It takes time to find stones that are of the sort I like. Driftwood, around here, is even more challenging to find. I try to keep a good collection in my workshop, so that when the urge to use natural materials strikes I have a generous selection to choose from.

All these natural materials seem to compliment my artist-made sea glass in a most excellent way. Visit my website to see some of the many exceptional works I have on offer: Coast Chimes



No comments:

Post a Comment