Friday, September 27, 2019

Larger Works, BIG Wind Chimes, Sunshine Coast Art Crawl

Massive driftwood glass and copper outdoor wind chime by Coast Chimes
Massive Driftwood
Glass and Copper Outdoor Wind Chime
at Coast Chimes
The Sunshine Coast Art Crawl is fast approaching (Oct. 18-20, 2019), so I am finishing up a number of works-in-progress. I take the opportunity of having lots of people visit my studio to create some larger than usual wind chime, ones I would not be too keen on shipping.

The gorgeous piece of driftwood pictured above is one I found several months ago. I could ship it, and it is, in fact, available online, I just would prefer not to, for obvious reasons. I also made half a dozen very large freestanding double wind chimes, with huge beach stone bases, that I don't even bother putting online, as they cost so much to ship, and take me many hours to box up. I do love having the chance to make some larger works: so much fun!

If you live on the Sunshine Coast, or if you will be visiting for the Art Crawl, I hope to see you at Coast Chimes, 535 Woodland Avenue, venue no. 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment