Sunday, September 01, 2019

Keeping it Simple, Beach Stones and Glass Wind Chimes

Glass, copper, beach pebbles, antiqued brass chimes Coast Chime Wind Chime
Simplicity is Delightful!
Glass, Copper, Beach Stones, Antiqued Brass Chimes
$75, Free Shipping, at Coast Chimes

Adding a few beach pebbles to a chime somehow just seems to make it more balanced, simpler, more natural. Zen, I guess.

This summer I discovered a new beach with many exceptional stones. Mostly going on my bike, I can include a bike ride, a walk along the beach, a swim, a bit of reading, and return with a few lovely fresh stones.

Very high quality diamond drill bits to cut the needed holes through the stones are super expensive, so I rely on relatively cheap diamond bits. The good is that they are not so expensive, the bad is that the quality is... variable. Sometimes it takes 2-3 bits just to cut through one small stone. Sometimes the bit is pretty good, and I can cut 5-6 stones before it is worn out. It's time consuming, but the results are worth it!

The glass, like most beach glass, comes from a wine bottle. With a mat finish and smooth edges, it's just gorgeous.

See all the glass, copper, beach stone, driftwood wind chimes and sun catchers (nearly 200 works, currently!) by visiting my website: Coast Chimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment