Monday, January 21, 2019

Hiking, Sunshine Coast, British Columbia

Hiking, Mount Elphinstone, Sunshine Coast, BC
Typical Hike Scenery, Sunshine Coast, BC

The biggest influence on my work is without doubt this beautiful area I am fortunate enough to live in. The ocean, the beaches, the rugged shores, and the forests.

I try to go for at least a walk everyday, regardless of the weather conditions. And once or twice a week, I strive to go for a real hike.

Lately Mount Elphinstone has been the target. This is a huge area and it is absolutely littered with hiking trails-- from easy to ouch, from short to as long as you want.

Yesterday we enjoyed one of my favourite hikes-- a favourite even though I had only been on it one time before. Just the right amount of up and down (nothing lung breaking), no other people, a decent length for an afternoon (2 1/2 hours, including 20 minutes for a nice picnic lunch).

Nothing refreshes me and inspires me like a good hike in our woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment