Saturday, May 18, 2019

Beach Combing, Part of My Job

Zen natural Pacific beach stone wind chime, Coast Chimes
Zen Natural Pacific Beach Stone Wind Chime
@ Coast Chimes

The plan today is to bicycle over to my daughter's place in Roberts Creek, and hit the beach down below her home for some beach stone and driftwood collecting. I absolutely love using these awesome natural resources in my works. It's a form of upcycling. The results are always something that seems so much in harmony with nature, perfect for any landscape.

Obviously, the final products are also extremely durable. How long will those stones last? Long!

These natural beach materials also seem to mesh so nicely with my copper and antiqued brass chimes. Like they were made for each other!

Oddly enough, even though there are plenty of beaches here made up entirely of beach stones with lots of driftwood, it is not all that easy to find those that are acceptable to me. They have to be the right size, and nicely rounded, smooth, etc. I'm fussy! But that does not matter too much, as what could be more enjoyable then a few hours hiking up and down a beach? Not a bad job!

See all my beach stone wind chimes on my website: Coast Chimes Beach Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment