Sunday, December 30, 2018

Beach Combing for Art

Driftwood, beach stones, cobalt blue glass outdoor wind chime: Coast Chimes
Beachcomber's Wind Chime
Coast Chimes
It's been a relatively mild winter here on the Sunshine Coast, BC, but there have been a few big wind storms. Storms usually mean exceptional beachcombing! I go down below my house and walk the beach almost everyday, and last week I was lucky enough to spot this gorgeous piece of wood. I knew immediately it would be perfect for just this wind chime, and so here it is!

I love working with natural local materials, and feel most fortunate to have these lovely beach stones and sometimes nice driftwood. What would I do without these cool materials? Not only are they beautiful, but they inspire.

Visit my website to see all the amazing wind chimes and suncatchers: Coast Chimes

No comments:

Post a Comment