Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Amazing Driftwood Wind Chime

Click on the image to see it larger
Natural Pacific Driftwood
Five Handcrafted Copper Chimes
Visit my website for details or to purchase: Coast Chimes

Driftwood is so beautiful: I love it! But it is challenging to find really nice driftwood around here, on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. The tides and waves can treat the wood harshly, so while there is tons and tons of wood, it is often too beat up.

When I find a particularly gorgeous piece, and everything clicks together, the result can be striking. For example, the wind chime above. One word: Beautiful.

I could not decide whether I liked it best with copper chimes, or with iron chimes, so I photographed it with both. It's a personal choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment