Monday, May 03, 2010

Chimes: Freestanding Double Wind Chime

Click on the picture to see it larger
Freestanding Double Chime
Natural Pacific beach stone base
Antiqued handcrafted chimes

Lately I have been working with beach stones. They are great to work with. The only problem is shipping. Even fairly small ones are very heavy, and large ones like the one pictured above are extremely heavy.

That means shipping the above item in two boxes, and also means expensive postage. It will probably cost nearly one hundred dollars to ship. I don't make my customer pay for all of that directly (who doesn't run when they see $100 for postage?), but I do have to take it into consideration, so as not to take a loss.

As usual, the more you do something the better you get at it. I have made many of these freestanding works, but the intertwining of the copper supports is just how I like it in the above one. I think it's gorgeous.







No comments:

Post a Comment