Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Things Long Gone


Click on the image to see it larger.suncatcher, hanging, beach glass, mixed mediaMixed-media Beach Glass Inspired Hanging Suncatcher
For more information, or to purchase, Click Here

One interesting thing about selling online is that there is a history. Overtime, that history becomes more and more significant. Little goes away, when you publish something on the internet. People find things that you made, sold, forgot about.

That is what happened with the framed mixed-media suncatcher above. I had made and sold one sometime ago, and then someone found the picture and asked if I could do another, similar one. I made two. None are exactly like each other, but close enough to please the customer who wanted a similar one.

When people find old images or listings, I imagine most just move on. Or maybe some track down something else that they also like, and that is current and available. But quite a few write, asking if it is really sold, or if I have anything similar, or if I can make something like that again.

This has happened three times in one week. As time goes by, I feel it is bound to happen more and more often. The good news is that I can almost always try to make something close to whatever they missed out on. It will never be the same, as all my work is unique, one-of-a-kind. But I can almost always get close enough to make them happy. And that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment